Monday, September 10, 2018

Unleashed by Caitlin Crews

I feel like I was just ghosted by summer, so it must have been the perfect evening for a book set in Iceland. Bring on the large, dominant, Viking men to get me through winter! I downloaded this book and read it in one night. It was good fun. I'm ready for a trip to Hotel Viking in Reykjavik. Thor Ragnarsson is our sexy hotel owner, but he is elusive in the first scene. Dr. Margot Cavendish has been trying to get a hold of him for a while, for some research, but Thor has been ignoring her requests. Margot decides to drive to the hotel and just drop by. Fortunately, she has been working in Iceland, so it was not a stretch that she would end up there.

I love that Margot's academic side came out in her dialogue. While Thor might not have been the academic that Margot was, he gave as good as he got. I think it's super sexy when both characters value some brains behind all the steamy hot passion. I think that Thor's backstory is important. Especially to establish the fact that he did not set out to own a "sex hotel." I don't know that I have ever considered the cultural norms towards sex, but there really was a valid argument in this story. 

This book is a great addition to the Harlequin Dare line. It's perfect for winter, especially during a snowstorm. Grab a glass of wine and don't expect to go to bed until this book is finished. I loved it! Oh, and I really am loving these covers. This one really captures the couple in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment