Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Bayou Dreaming by Lexi Blake Book Review


I love Lexi Blake books! I was so excited to see this new small-town contemporary romance series. This is the third book and it’s Zep and Roxanne’s turn to fall in love. I really did crack up at their semi-flirting stage. I don’t really know what to call it. Roxanne left the NYPD and ended up in Papillon, Louisiana as a police officer because she had met Armie, her boss, at a law enforcement conference. He hired her when she came to him looking for a job. She needed a fresh start: new job, new town, new state, new friends. When she got there, she met the town bad boy and made what she thought was a bad decision. Zep wanted more and Roxie thought he was in it for the chase. She kept him sort of close and kept arresting him. Only in a small town could you throw someone in a jail cell to just keep an eye on them. I really did crack up at their semi-flirting stage. I don’t really know what to call it. I love that Zep didn’t really complain about it…I’d say he kind of looked forward to it because it was the only time Roxanne would spend with him. 

I loved this book so much that I read the ARC three times! A woman could easily fall in love with Zéphirin Guidry. OMG! So hot, sexy, smart, funny and kind. What more can a woman want? As the reader, you can see right away how much he gave up and my heart just hurt for him. The sex scenes were off the charts and I love the emotion that was detailed in them. So hot! The chemistry was amazing. Zep was so there for everything she needed. I love how the author made Zep show he cared by helping. All men need to learn from Zep 😉 His zest and enthusiasm for life was contagious. I could also feel Roxanne’s annoyance and frustration with her mom. I mean, who wants to hear that their eggs are shriveling up? And from their mother!?!?! You really get the sense that she was searching for where she belonged. Love, Love, Love!!! Read this book today. It just came out and I promise, it's soooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment