Friday, November 26, 2021

Must Love Cowboys by Carly Bloom book review

I didn’t really know what to expect from this book. I have to be in the mood for cowboy romance. ( I haven't been feeling it lately) But I was pushed over the edge because the main character is a librarian. I feel like I have to read every librarian romance. This one did NOT disappoint. The characters are real, messy and lovable. Carly Bloom’s writing made me feel like I really traveled to Texas hill country and learned a few things about ranches (sort of). This story contains fake dating, childhood crushes and two people who should have gotten together years ago. 

The story is set on a ranch in Big Verde. Alice is a librarian who is smart, doesn’t feel like she fits into small town living, fiercely loyal and willing to help anyone out. Beau is the cowboy, who has a twin (I mean, two hot cowboys…), he works hard, can have any woman he wants, but is dyslexic and tries hard to keep it a secret. Beau and Alice make a deal that she will tutor him and he will take her out to do fun things and give her new experiences (swoon here). They are fun and funny together. They bring out the best in each other and holy smokes, once they finally hook up….things are HOT. I mean, the sex scenes made me a cowboy story convert. I think I like them now. I’m going to recommend this book to every librarian I know (and anyone looking for a great romance). I do want to say that this does not feed into the sexy librarian stereotype. Alice is not perfect and a bit awkward, so I feel like the author did a great job with that. I also feel that a lot of research went into the dyslexia part of the story that felt so real and should speak to anyone working with adult literacy. Again, Bloom must have worked to to not portray things in a negative way and I really appreciate that. A multi-faceted, sexy, steamy, fun romance. I loved this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment