Thursday, March 2, 2023

Some Dukes Have All the Luck by Christina Britton book review

I LOVED this book! I had to read it twice. I will also say that I am a much faster reader than I am at writing book reviews. Yikes. I did not realize it had been so long. 

 Ash Hawkins is the Duke of Buckley. He is not interested in marriage, but he does have 3 “wards” to raise and these girls are giving him a hard time. They run away from home and Ash has to go to the Isle of Synne to find them and convince them to come back with him. On his journey, he begins to realize that having a wife would be a lot easier in helping him raise the children. Bronwyn Pickering has always been more interested in bugs than marriage. Her parents are beside themselves and are trying all sorts of horrible tactics to force her to find a husband. They want to isolate her from her friend group, The Oddments, because they think her friends are a bad influence on her. They take her lab equipment and journals. With both Ash and Bronwyn in difficult situations, they realize that a marriage of convenience would make life a lot easier for both of them. With fun twists and laugh out loud dialogue, these two set out on negotiating a marriage contract. However, this marriage of convenience starts to turn into something more… 

 I really loved both of these characters. They were fun, passionate and perfect for each other. Both had to deal with some trauma from their pasts, but they had each other to help them overcome their issues. Nothing better than seeing a duke get in touch with their feelings with a woman. The sex was steamy and romantic. Their chemistry was hot and you could totally see that turning into real love between husband and wife. Swoon. I enjoyed returning to the Isle of Synne, which by the way is the perfect name for this place in the series. I love the acceptance that happens among a lot of the main and secondary characters. I also love how the close group of friends is so supportive of each other. I know this book came out in November, but this is still a perfect time to get this book and read it. It’s a must read for romance lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment