Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wrapped Up in You by Jill Shalvis book review

Helloooooooo hot and sexy sheriff. Feel free to go all alpha and use those handcuffs. *fans self*. I love the characters and the setting of this Jill Shalvis series. I want to move to Cow Hollow - just for a little bit. Wrapped up in You is Ivy and Kel’s story. Shalvis keeps it interesting by always giving us a unique glimpse into the lives of each couple, but catches us up on some of the previous characters. It could be read as a stand-alone, but I really love the world-building and enjoy reading things in order. I love that Ivy rebuilt her life and was successful at it. That is a definite challenge that all of us could face one day. As we build empathy towards her, Kel is also working to break down the emotional walls she has put up around herself.
The antagonist in this story is Ivy’s brother and the trouble he brings with him. While he does work towards redemption, he sure doesn’t make life easy for Ivy. As a reader, I was mad at him!!! Ivy needed a clean break to get on with her life and stoke the flames with Kel. As always, I have not read a Shalvis book I didn’t like. I think I am quite biased, but her books are always at the top of my librarian recommendation list. I work on creating more die-hard fans. So, if you have not read a book from this series, it’s time to put it on your TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment