Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Write Escape by Charish Reid

The first thing that caught my eye with this book was the great cover and the clever title. The Write Escape - for a literary editor and a literature professor. So perfect! This is the first book I have read by Charish Reid, so I am glad the title caught my eye. I also love Ireland, so it was hard to resist. Antonia Harper just had her heart broken and she needs to escape her life for a while. She decides that Ireland will be a quiet and peaceful place where she can get some writing done and maybe ponder the direction of her life.

Enter Aiden Byrnes, our hot and sexy professor. He also has some things to get in order in his life. There is some post-relationship stuff he needs to work past in his professional life. His mentor and colleague gave him the advice to get out of town for a while. What better place than the small village of Tully Cross. Aiden and Antonia meet, chemistry is there, sparks fly, hot sex ensues. This book is the perfect escape for a weekend.
The conflict occurs in that Antonia lives in Chicago and Aiden lives in Ireland. Once they leave vacation mode, the decisions are tough. I think the author did a great job with diversity in this story. Aiden is white and Antonia is black and there was a discussion of real-life problems but the story didn’t dwell on it. I think that interracial couples are becoming more common in the romance genre and they are reflecting our society in a more real way. Overall, this book has the right amount of romance, great setting and characters and the HEA that I want in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment