Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Secret Investigation by Elizabeth Heiter book review

This is the second book in a planned four book series within the Tactical Crime Division (TCD). I totally read them out of order. I still need to order the first one, then I read the third one and now I read the second one. So, I guess they can be read as stand-alone and totally make sense...but I normally choose to read them in order. Somewhere along the way, I was not paying attention. I was particularly looking forward to this one because I enjoy Elizabeth Heiter’s Harlequin Intrigue books. Her books got me hooked on Romantic Suspense and now here we are…

This fast-paced book will hook you from the first page and you won’t be able to put it down until the end. Leila is the CEO of Petrov Armor and she is being investigated for selling faulty body armor to soldiers *gasp*. Leila is a young CEO of such a large company, so she feels like she constantly has to prove herself and this incident is not helping matters. Leila is willing to let Agent Davis Rogers go undercover and investigate whether or not the faulty armor is really from her company. Things are pretty personal for Davis because one of his close friends died from the faulty armor. The immediate attraction to Leila creates a lot of conflicting feelings on both sides.

Leila is sure it cannot be anyone at her company that is responsible for the faulty, but she lets Davis investigate. She is also doing her own investigation. Cracks start to appear within the company’s ranks and the intrigue is definitely climbing. The mystery and action is definitely exciting and the romance brewing between our two protagonists is believable and exciting. Readers will find themselves rooting for Leila and Davis. This is definitely a great addition to the series. You will probably want to end up reading all four of the books.

And it has an amazing series trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment