Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christmas Catch by Mary Shotwell book reivew

I really thought I would read a lot more Christmas romance novels this season, but the whole time thing got in the way. I did get to read Christmas Catch and I am glad I did because it was a perfect Christmas romance. Both of the main characters have stopped celebrating Christmas. Charlee stopped because she is busy with her podcast and granting other peoples Christmas wishes. Jack stopped because he lost his fiancée during Christmas and just blames the whole holiday for his loss. The whole town stopped celebrating Christmas in support of Jack because they cared about him and he brought in a lot of business. Cheery Charlie (her podcast persona) is determined to bring Christmas back to Sunset Cove and to Jack. She has a lot of work ahead of her and some unexpected feelings toward Jack.

I feel like I learned some things about the East Coast fishing industry by reading this book :) I think if you feel like you need a bit of Christmas spirit, this would definitely be a good read. It was sweet, fun and cheerful. I like all the characters and their portrayal in a small town setting. The dialogue was funny and I really like the premise of Charlee being a podcaster who was making a living doing it. It’s kind of a cutting edge job right now, so I love that the author picked this career for the main character. Don’t want the Christmas feelings to leave just yet? Read this book! The cover is super cute too.

No comments:

Post a Comment