Tuesday, April 9, 2019

One Tough Cowboy (Moving Violations #1) by Lora Leigh and Veronica Chadwick book review

I’m a big fan of Lora Leigh and love her steamy sex scenes and relationship building. However, I have not read a ton of Cowboy/Western romances, but I have to admit, they are fun! I particularly liked this one because of the Detroit connection. Samantha is a Detroit cop, who is getting over a bad relationship. She left her small hometown and Hunter behind to start her own life. She came back to Deerhaven to settle her aunt’s estate and try to figure out a mystery. What she didn’t totally count on was her attraction to Hunter. He became the sheriff of Deerhaven so he won’t leave her alone as she tries to piece together the clues for the crime she is trying to solve. Hunter is dealing with his own problems in his department and a series of unsolved violent events. What I really like is that Hunter recognizes that Samantha is a good cop and can handle herself. She is highly trained and doesn’t need rescuing. She just needs a competent partner.

Of course, they have to work together...and kiss...and be irresistibly drawn to each other. Whew….and yummy. Who doesn’t love a hot sheriff? If you need a dose of dominant alpha male, this story is for you. It’s definitely a romantic suspense book….I would say it might be more of an erotic romantic suspense book (if that is a thing), which made me love it even more! I’m looking forward to the next book. *fans self*

No comments:

Post a Comment