Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Leading Lady by Deb Marlowe book review

This book is the 2nd book in this series and it can be read as a standalone (I did it). This was also the first book that I read by Deb Marlowe and I am glad that I did! This is a enemies to lovers story and it was just a lot of fun. I love how Callie was written. She was funny, smart, determined and is ready to fight injustice during a time when men are in charge of everything. Callie protects the women of Half Moon House against bad men and she is always getting into trouble. She can take care of herself because she has been trained to defend herself. Part of the story is set in France so it’s perfect when you are in a Francophone mood. I loved the elements of spies and intrigue in the story. The chemistry between Callie and Truitt was hot! I laughed out loud when they had to put their dislike for each other and pretend that there are husband and wife. They do keep some secrets from each other and eventually decide that they must trust each other. While this is an older book, this is a perfect series to start this summer. Just disappear into a historical romance and enjoy the HEA. Sounds perfect to me. I am glad that I read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment