Thursday, July 8, 2021

Heiress in Red Silk by Madeline Hunter book review

I have to say that I really love this book!  I read it twice before writing this review.  The beginning of the story had the best hook when one of the main characters, Kevin Radnor, was introduced as being on the path to eccentricity.  I got the sense right away that he was not going to be sticking to societal conventions and expectations.  I had to laugh out loud when he got up and left the brothel before doing what he came to do because of a bonnet. Rosamund Jameson was also a lovely, intelligent and fun character! I loved her determination to make a good life for herself. The unconventional pairing of these two characters is the best and makes for an engaging read.

As you can tell by the title, Rosamund is the heiress and it is a life that she was not prepared for.  I had to admire her for not giving up her love of designing hats and bonnets, even though it was frowned upon for people of means to work.  One of my favorite scenes is where Rosamund is looking at Kevin’s moth collection and calls him out for being weird.  That right there set the tone for the rest of the relationship for me.

Both Rosamund and Kevin have what it takes to be successful in business ventures, despite what society expected of them.  This was definitely part of the fun of their story. The sex scenes were off the charts.  I may have gone back to reread a few parts 😉How can one resist a man who puts his partners pleasure ahead of his own? Swoon.  Their trip to Paris…soooooo romantic.  His eccentric personality made him inventive in the bedroom *fans self* I was totally rooting for them the entire time. 

If you are looking for a historical romance to immerse yourself into; read this book.  The historical detail, the description, the settings, the characters all stand out to me. The dialogue will make you laugh out loud and whisk you away into another world.  I am a huge fan of Madeline Hunter’s books and this one does not disappoint.  It was published at the end of April this year and I am a bit late in posting the review, the red dress on the cover will make it a perfect July read 🏖



No comments:

Post a Comment