Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Her Scandalous Scot, A Regency Romance By Jennifer Haymore book review


This is the second book of the Highland Knights Series and it is a republished book with some changes. Since I just jumped right into book 2, this was my first book in the series and it was good as a standalone. It was not my first book by Jennifer Haymore and I can definitely say that I still love her books! While it is a historical romance, it does quickly jump into some sexy scenes. Camden McLeod is a Highland Knight who is protecting an English aristocrat that is in trouble. That is how Camden shows up in a brothel. Lady Esme Hawkins is doing research for her newest novel (scandalous by itself) and she is “learning” by interviewing the women in the brothel. Esme is an accomplished author, but is keeping it a secret from her family. 

I would say that Cam is a bit morally gray when it comes to some of the things he does to interfere in Esme’s life. I mean, I’d be mad 🙂 But it turns out that a mystery is afoot, people are in danger and Cam and Esme have a thing for each other. Overall, I like Esme’s family and they are a fun part of the story. I love the romance between Esme and Cam. They do end up in some steamy scenes quite often. I also love that Esme is an erotic author in her time. Her books are a fun detail in this story. I totally recommend this book. It came out in June 2023, but it would make for a cozy winter read right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment