Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Risk of Rogues by Sabrina Jeffries

This author is one of my favorite authors and it's like a surprise to me when I read a novella and didn't realize it was supposed to be a novella..  I was all settled in to read for the evening, when I found that I finished the book way faster than I expected.  That is my own fault for not reading the description.

This is book 5.5 in The Sinful Suitors.  This is the story of Anne and Hartley.  They fell in love in when they were really young and their families did not approve of their marriage plan.  Hartley got shipped off to the military and when he came back, Anne was no longer there.  However, as Anne later pointed out, he did not try very hard to locate her. This novella is sort of a second chance for the two star crossed lovers.  Anne wasn't really interested at first because she felt so betrayed...but then she did want a chance at a happy marriage.  The novella is fun and passionate.  If you are looking for a Victorian HEA, this is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment