Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Duke of Danby's Holiday Hijinx by Samantha Grace, Ava Stone and Claudia Dain

So, I’ve been in a bit of a historical romance funk lately. I haven’t been able to find books that I can really get into, but this novella collection really hit the mark. Now I need to read all of the authors books. I have not read any of the Duke of Danby series! This was a great introduction and a perfect holiday read. I have read books by all three authors and love them all! I actually didn’t read the cover or description very well and thought it was only one story. As it came to an end, I was disappointed BUT then I realized there were 2 more stories in this book. It was like a small gift :)

I think it is pretty unique that it is a Duke who is playing matchmaker in each of these stories. Although, it was never admitted… It was laugh out loud funny how some of the characters were dreading being invited to Danby Castle for anything because of the Duke’s matchmaking schemes. I love the “Holiday Hijinx” part of the title. It sounds right for the period since you don’t really hear people say “hijinx” in everyday conversation. In the book you follow Lilly & Amelia, Victoria and Judith on their journey to find their HEA. There was something bold in each of the women and it was fun to see it unfold. I love the friendships and connections and particularly how everyone tried to avoid their matchmaking turn with the Duke of Danby.

The settings are romantic in all of the stories and the suitors are all swoon worthy in their own ways. I think in real life I would probably fall for Affie. He is currently my book boyfriend. But I guess Daniel was my book boyfriend in the first novella and then Gavin *sigh*.... This was a really good choice to read during the holidays. Fun, sexy, romantic...I loved the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment