Saturday, August 13, 2022

Scotsman in the Stacks by Alana Oxford book review


As a librarian in Michigan, I loved this book! I thought it was so much fun to recognize some cities, parks and locations in Michigan. I more than understand trying to find a full time job as a librarian. As a reader, I totally felt for Paige. She had just gotten out of a long term relationship with someone who did not want to commit, as she is watching her friend enjoying her marriage and her upcoming baby. I was really rooting for her. James is from Glasgow, Scotland for a 8 week artist in residence opportunity. They both have some things to work out in their lives and I loved the time they spent getting to know each other. Turns out that James is a reader…how can you NOT love him??? This is a sweet, contemporary, slow burn romance. The conflict is not over the top and it makes for a perfect weekend getaway read. Especially if you are road tripping through Michigan. I’m also really loving the cover. Overall this was an enjoyable read and I definitely recommend it when you are in the mood for a charming, funny and romantic read.

No comments:

Post a Comment