Thursday, July 6, 2023

Bad Luck Vampire by Lynsay Sands book review

Ok. I’ll admit it. I am totally hooked on this series and I hope it never ends. I love the Argeneau/Notte families. I am always excited when Lynsay Sands books are on NetGalley and I get to read them 🙂 In fact, this book inspired me to go back and read a few other stories that I had forgotten the details to. One of the best aspects of this series is that we continually get introduced to new characters and we get to see how past characters are doing. This is one of my favorite worlds that has been created in paranormal romance. This book revolves around Sophie and Alasdair. Sophie is a mortal that Tybo and Valerian help while they are on a stakeout. Tybo thinks she is cute, so he asks her to be a wedding date. Unfortunately for Tybo, it turns out she is Alasdair's life mate. Alasdair recently came from Scotland. He has a twin brother. Because of the wedding, Alasdair’s uncles come into town. His four uncles add a lot of humor to the story. Alasdair’s entire extended family is plotting to help him get the girl. It’s definitely one of the highlights of this book, in addition to all the Scottish accents and kilts. 

There seems to be a run of bad luck in Alasdair’s life as he starts getting to know Sophie. First, he eats some bad shrimp and gets food poisoning and then shortly after that, someone tries to run him down with their car. His family starts to get suspicious that something other than bad luck is going on. I really do love all the twists and turns that happen during the “immortal”/ “life mate” discussions that happen in these stories. Sophie is funny, bold, smart and kind of feisty in the bedroom - which leads to some laugh out loud moments. 

There are definitely a lot of spicy scenes. Life mate sex is one of the best inventions of this series. There is some tragedy, humor, mystery and thrills. Nothing better than a big family to help unravel it all. This book will be published on September 26, 2023. If you have been reading them in order, you have something to look forward to. If you haven’t read any books in this series, now is the time to get caught up! I can’t recommend it enough. Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books For sending this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment