Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Princess and the Rogue by Kate Bateman book review


I was worried that my review for this would be well past the publication date, so I sat down to write it and realized that it’s not out until December 29, 2020! I sometimes forget that I read a lot of Advance Reader Copies. So, yes, I got this one early through NetGalley.

I have read the other two books in the Bow Street Bachelors Series. They are all well written and I like how the author uses more unconventional roles for her main characters. In this book, the romance is between Anna, a Russian Princess on the run and hiding her identity, and Sebastion (Seb) Wolff, Earl of Mowbray, and Bow Street Runner. He was being moody and lamenting the loss of his best friends to marriage and decided to visit a brothel. Anna just happened to be there visiting and Seb thought she “worked” there and tried to offer money for her services. She was totally offended and left at the perceived insult. However, their first kiss was quite the scorcher and will leave you wanting more juicy details.

Anastasia was Anna’s real Russian name and she soon discovers she is in danger. Seb steps up to protect her. Unfortunately for her, he lives above a gaming hell, which is not the most appropriate situation for an unmarried woman...much less a princess! I love the tidbits of Russian culture woven throughout the story. I love that a lot of the story takes place in the more gritty parts of London and not just glittering ballrooms. Bateman does a nice job with the storyline, the dialogue and all the details. Once you sit down with this book, it will be hard to put down. This will be the perfect book to curl up with during the dark and cold days of winter. You will get your happily ever after and some fun, sexy times along the way. Grab and glass of wine and click that pre-order button πŸ˜‰ πŸ·

No comments:

Post a Comment