Wednesday, November 18, 2020

A Princess by Christmas by Julia London book review


Christmas!!! WooHoo!!! This was my first Christmas book this season. If you haven’t read one yet this year; get this one! The festive and gorgeous cover will definitely put you in the Christmas mood. ๐ŸŽ„

Our main characters are Hollis Honeycutt and Marek Brendan, an advisor to the Minister of Trade for Wesloria. I did not realize that this was the third book in A Royal Wedding series, so it can be read as a stand alone. Although, personally, I have to get the first two now. I wondered a bit why I was so confused by the Weslorian/Alucian happenings and descriptions, so it totally made sense when I looked it up and realized it was the third book. 

When widow, Hollis Honeycutt, overhears a rumor about the peace accord between the counties of Alucia and Wesloria, she knows she has to investigate. Hollis is the owner and editor of Honeycutt’s Gazette of Fashion & Domesticity for Ladies, so it might make for good investigative journalism. Hollis is fun, joyful and doesn’t really care what others think of her, it makes Marek the total opposite of her. Marek is very concerned about the King’s health and of the trade agreements. If they want to uncover some dastardly plan, they must work together to solve the mystery. 

Some unique aspects of this book included a partially deaf main character, a secondary character who was gay and another main character who liked to eat. I really loved Donovan and I really like what the author did with his relationship to Hollis. I don’t know enough history to know the truth of whether or not their living arrangement could have really happened, but it really fit with the book. Oh man! And then the twisty ending!!! Is there a special category for Victorian Romantic Suspense??? (there should be). I definitely recommend this book. Get it before Christmas ๐Ÿ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment