Saturday, August 13, 2022

Bayou Sweetheart by Lexi Blake book review

I’m a big fan of Lexi Blake books and I am a really big fan of this series. I’ve grown to love the small town of Papillon, Louisiana and all the people who live there. I enjoy seeing previous main characters show up in all the books. It’s nice to see how they are doing. I read this book a couple of times before I wrote the review because I just loved it so much. This is the fifth book in this series and it focuses on Deputy Major Blanchard, who is preoccupied with medical issues with his dad; and Brynn Pearson. Brynn was a child actress and now wants to be taken more seriously as a lead actress in a major film. She arrives in Papillon to begin her research and get to know the town they will be filming in. 

When Major and Brynn run into each other, the chemistry sparks right away. They do take it sort of slow because of all the complications going on in their lives, but they can’t deny their attraction to each other. I love that both the characters need to figure out things in their lives. Their characters grow and develop throughout the story. I think that they both find peace with each other and that is the most swoony part for me. *sigh* The town is fun, the characters are funny and lovable and there are quite a few laugh out loud spots throughout the story. This book is such a great choice for when you are in the mood for a sexy contemporary romance. You have got to put this series on your list if you have not started it already. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment