Monday, September 18, 2017

A Covert Affair by Susan Mann

I had been looking forward to this book ever since I read the first one. I love the premise of this series. It’s seriously like my own spy/librarian fantasies come true. Add to that a super hot spy boyfriend and I just can’t even stop reading this book! Just like the first book, this one is unique and you can totally tell the author’s ideas were heard and left in the book. To top it off, it was a bit of historical fiction woven into this romance/suspense genre. There really is nothing else to compare it to that I’ve read in contemporary romance.

The setting is uniquely set in India, tracking down historical clues (that will eventually lead to missing library books….my inner dork sings). I find that most HEA romance books will not take place in India, exploring a sensitive topic. This is Mann working her super-librarian skills into her writing.

This is truly a must read for every librarian (or anyone who just loves a good librarian story) out there looking for a reading adventure and a book boyfriend. While not explicit, the sex is hot and the chemistry between Quinn and James remains off the charts. *fans self* This series has been my guilty pleasure escape and I will recommend it to anyone who listens!

No comments:

Post a Comment