Monday, September 18, 2017

Help Wanted by Allison B Hanson


I’ll admit I was intrigued by the cover on this book. It looked like a sweet summer romance and I was definitely in the mood for a sexy HEA. Well, Hanson delivered with her great story. This book was funny, clever, empowering, had some great elements of friendship and was just an overall enjoyable read. I had never read anything else by Allison Hanson, but she is now on my list of authors to watch. I have not read a lot of virgin tropes and I wasn’t sure what to expect. By the time I was done reading the explanation, I was like, yes...this could happen :) It hooks you from the beginning because how does a virgin get fired for sleeping with her boss’s husband? (gotta read it to find out).

Kenley Carmichael and Zane Jackson can barely keep their hands off each other. But Zane is her boss and they both decide that it needs to stay professional. Kenley needs her job and Zane needs an assistant to run his business. Zane felt like he was a dork in high school and he still has some unresolved issues from back then. Should he be over them? Yes...but then there would be no drama. His sister works to set him straight and she is hilarious. I also liked that there was a secondary romance going on. Brady was an interesting character and while their back story was not the focus, I think it complemented the main story.

The story is not explicit. I tend to like a little more heat to my sex scenes...but the author did the couple justice. It’s a good weekend read when you are looking for a romantic book escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment