Monday, September 18, 2017

Protection Detail by Julie Miller

I have really been enjoying Harlequin Intrigue books lately and this one did not disappoint. This one could be a stand alone book because I really liked it and I did not know it was the last book in the series. This book was unique because both of the characters are a bit older. They have both lost a spouse and just have a little bit of that life experience that comes out in the details of the story. There is not a lot of over the top romance drama. The drama comes in the form of the mystery suspense woven into the plot.

If you are looking for a hot cop story, then you have found your book. Thomas, the main character, and his whole family are involved in law enforcement. Jane, our heroine, is a nurse who is in WITSEC and she is trying to protect herself and those around her. Clearly, she has experienced a tragedy or she would not be in WITSEC. It’s a sweet, flirty romance. Thomas and Jane want each other, but they are mature enough not to jump into anything and they both carry some baggage. Thomas is afraid that he is too old for Jane, but she does not even consider the age difference.

 I just think a hot romance is what most readers are looking for (I definitely am!) I like the setting. I don’t really know much about Kansas City, so I feel like the details in the setting made me a bit more familiar with areas that I have never been too. This book is a fast paced suspense story with a bit of romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment