Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Stranger she can Trust by Regan Black


I've fallen in love with hot EMT's, so I am on the lookout for a good EMT hero romance.  I had never read anything from the Harlequin Romantic Suspense line (series?) so I didn't really know what to expect. I chose it from NetGalley because the cover was interesting and the book description hooked me.  It's definitely more about the suspense part of the story and there is not as much emphasis on the sex part.  I guess that would be the Harlequin Blaze books ;)  So, I tried something new and I enjoyed it.

Carson is an EMT who is recovering from an injury while on duty in his rig.  He is passing the time (recovering) and working part time at the Escape Club.  This club was opened by a former police officer and it tends to attract those who need an escape or need a safe haven.  Melissa stumbles out of a taxi one night and into the arms of Carson, who quickly takes her inside to look over her injuries.  She refuses to go to the hospital, but has a hard time explaining things because she is suffering from amnesia. Definitely time for our hot EMT to come to the rescue!  He keeps things professional for the first few days, but it gets harder and harder as Carson and Melissa get to know each other.  As events of her trauma unfold, Melissa needs protection.  The suspense definitely keeps you on edge to the last chapter.  The chemistry between Carson and Melissa is undeniable.  They are both dealing with traumatic events, but being together makes them stronger.  A perfect HEA.  It's a good quick read.  I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment