Wednesday, April 18, 2018

An Uncommon Honeymoon by Susan Mann book review

OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I have read each book at least twice. They are just so fun and are a perfect escape. It’s mystery, suspense, action and a little bit of romance. It really is a series for any reader. Clearly, I am in love with the main character because I want to be a librarian spy who goes on adventures around the world (who wouldn’t want that?). If you have read the first two books, you have to read this one. I think it could be read as a standalone book, I just haven’t done that. I think it’s fun to see how the characters and their relationship grows.

In this book, Quinn and James finally get married! I love weddings. It’s fun and full of love. However, they don’t have a lot of time to relax on their honeymoon as their spy services are needed. Quinn and James hatch a plan to rescue children from the Russian Mafia (in Russia) and everything has to go according to plan. The plot has child slave trafficking, drug trafficking and a Russian crime lord. The child slave trafficking is handled seriously and will probably tug on your emotions. Be prepared! The author must have spent a lot of time researching all these different topics because it seems very real.

The dialogue between the characters does not disappoint. The banter between Quinn and James is funny, witty and flirty. Their relationship will just make you want to swoon. James will become your book boyfriend for a while. I can’t say enough about this series and I recommend it to all my librarian and non-librarian friends who are looking for a can’t-put-it-down suspense book. I think you will learn some new things and also appreciate how smart librarians can be ;) Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment