Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Smooth-Talking Cowboy by Maisey Yates book review

Ok...this was a pretty good book.  I usually don’t read a lot of contemporary cowboy romance because it is so far removed from my life.  I just can’t really relate.  But it’s a good romance and a well written book.  It is my first Maisey Yates book and I’m glad I took a chance on it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This book falls into the fake relationship trope, and the author really does make it super fun!  The characters really evolve throughout the book.  The main character, Olivia Logan, has just broken up with her boyfriend Bennett Dodge, who everyone in town thought they were going to marry.  He kept putting off proposing, so Olivia broke up with him.  She sort of broke up with him thinking it would force his hand a little, but it didn’t.  Olivia tried to make him jealous with going out with Luke Hollister, who has always rubbed her the wrong way.  It’s like they can never really have a civil conversation.  Of course, their plan to make Bennett jealous goes awry.

What seems like kind of a lighter read, really contains a lot of character development, detailed settings and a satisfying ending.  The dialogue is smooth and well thought out.  There are some laugh aloud moments, along with some scorching hot attraction.  I’m a new fan of Maisey Yates.

No comments:

Post a Comment