Friday, March 3, 2017

How to Manage a Marquess by Sally MacKenzie


Fun, engrossing read. Hard to put it down! I did not read the first book of this series so it's good that this is a stand alone book (but now I want to read the first one). I have not read one of Sally MacKenzie's books previously. I really like how the plot developed. The setting was nice and I enjoyed that it took place in the country and not in London. I could understand why Anne wanted to stay single and live in the Spinster House. She led her own life and enjoyed time with her hobbies and her friends. She know she could lose that as property of a man. However, she did not consider the fact that she might fall in love. Nate, or Lord Haywood, was hot, smart and nice. I really liked his character. He also did not want to saddle himself with a wife because he wanted another decade to be single. A unique aspect of this book was the addition of Edward and Stephen, two small boys who were going to be Anne's stepbrothers. I think they really brought out the family side of Nate and Anne and they both realized they would make good parents. I like that Anne did not want Nate to feel honor bound to marry her after their ill fated trip to the inn. I totally understood her feelings towards Eleanor because that is still how we feel today about a 25 year age gap. I would recommend this book and this series to other historical romance readers. I always enjoy a HEA and this book delivered!

No comments:

Post a Comment